20 Interview Questions
A. Personal Motivation
1. What motivates you in your job? What do
you like and dislike about your current job?
2. Please share a situation where you’ve
really gone to use up all your ability and energy to accomplish your
3. What was the biggest mistake you have
done in your career; what you did afterwards to remedy it? Was the
4. What is your most important contribution
in your current company?
5. Describe a situation where your
motivation level is at a very low point. What was the situation? Why?
6. From your point of view, what are the
current challenges and issues in the industry that you’re currently in?
7. What is the biggest challenge in your
8. What can you contribute (short term &
long term) if you join our organization?
9. Who do you see yourself 5 years down the
road? How do you plan to achieve that?
10. What you’ve learnt in your current
C. Project Management
11. Explain about the recent project that
you have been involved recently. What were your roles and
responsibilities in this project? What was the biggest challenge during
the completion of this project? Is the project successful?
12. What is the most challenging aspect
working in a team? Why?
13. What are you key strengths and
weaknesses? What do you do in order to overcome your weakness? How
effective is your action?
14. How do you describe your working style?
15. How would your boss describe you?
D. Leadership and Conflict Resolution
16. Describe a situation where you were in
the middle of a conflict and what were your actions to resolve the
conflict? Indicate the results of your actions.
17. What do you think the most important
quality that a leader needs to have and how you would measure the
effectiveness of this trait?
18. Given an authority, what would you
change in your current organization?
19. How would you approach your superior
that has made a decision where you strongly believe is not the right
one? Give a specific example of the situation you have encountered.
20. What is your biggest non-academic
achievement that you’re mostly proud of?
Like what you've
seen? Download all questions in our free e-book,
My One-Minute Career Guide.